Let’s say you’ve got a group of 100 in a room for 3 days and the agenda is full. Your client wants to start his offsite with some high-energy fun, and he wants everyone to meet everyone else. He’s willing to give you between 10 and 20 minutes.
Take it, and do this.
1. Print out this bingo card, one for each participant:
2. Have your client get some prizes – silly ones, chocolate, table toys, company swag – whatever works best for this group.
3. Pass out the bingo cards.
4. Instruct participants to get each square on their card initialed someone they don’t know – one person per square. Before anyone can initial their card, they have to answer the question in the box they are initialing.
5. First five people to complete a bingo gets a prize. The first person to complete their entire card gets an even bigger prize.
6. Make a big deal of the winners and keep the energy up and people moving around.
If you’ve got any questions about how this works, please leave them in the comments below.